In this post, we are going to learn Korean through a conversation between two orphan girls in the K-drama Who are you? Today, we're going to learn new words, especially for some celebrating days!
● older sister
● 이고 뭐야 ?
● What is that?
○ A gold medal
○ 이거 장난감 아니고 진짜다.
○ It's not a toy, It's real.
● 언니 서울에서 살 때 선물 받은 거야 ?
● Did you get it as a gift when you were in Seoul?
○ 근데, 진짜 주인한테 됼려줘야 돼.
○ But I need to return it to its rightful owner.
○ 원래 주인은 따로 있는데.
○ It belongs to someone else.
○ 그냥 , 내가 대신 받아뒀던 거거든.
○ But I've been holding it for her.
● 근데 , 나 딱 한 번만 만져보면 안 돼 ?
● May I touch it just once ?
● 와 , 멋지다!
● Wow, it's so cool!
● 언니 학교도 가고 싶고 , 친고들도 보고 싶지 ?
● (To her older sister) You want to go to school, and see your friends..right?
● 엄마도 생기고 , 친구들도 많아 졌다면서.
You have a mom and lots of friends now.
● 이제 우리 때문에 계속 여기 안 있어도 돼.
● You don't have to stay here because of us anymore.
● 그 대신 우리 생일 어린이날 , 크리스마스 때는 꼭 오기다 ?
● Instead of that, could you come to our birthday day, Children's Day and Christmas time?
크리스마스 ( Christmas (Day) )
크리스마스가 다가오고 있다
Christmas is coming.
생일 ( birthday )
What's your date of birth? (When is your birthday?)
We talked about birthdays in the previous article, don't forget to read it if you didn't!
어린이날 (Children's Day )
어린이날을 축하해. 난 이제 어린이가 아니라니 슬퍼.
Happy Children’s Day. It's sad that I’m not a kid anymore.
Scene 4 :
● 약속하는 거지?
● You're making a promise?
○ I promise.
Do you remember the last lesson when we learned what is the word promise in Korean?
If you haven't read the previous lesson, I advise you to refer to it.
And that's it! What was the most useful word for you in this lesson?
All photos in this post are from Pinterest.